A Quick Read on How to Use a Magnesium Fire Starter
A magnesium fire starter is a great way to start a fire when you're camping. It's easy to use and only requires a few simple steps. In this blog post, we'll show you how to use a magnesium fire starter so that you can get the most out of your camping trips.
If you're an experienced camper, you know that one of the most important things you can bring with you on a camping trip is a fire starter. A fire starter is a tool that helps you get a fire going quickly and easily, and it can be the difference between a fun camping trip and a dangerous one.
It is also an essential tool for any prepper and is a must in any survivalists' gear list. In this blog post, we'll show you how to use a magnesium fire starter—one of the most popular kinds of fire starters on the market.
What is a Magnesium Fire Starter?
A magnesium fire starter is a small, lightweight tool that can be used to start a fire. It consists of two parts: a magnesium block and a ferrocerium rod. Magnesium is a light metal that burns at a very high temperature. The ferrocerium rod is used to ignite a spark. You can use your camping knife to use with your fire starter. Sometimes, fire starters come with their own strikers.
Magnesium fire starters are very useful because they are small and lightweight, so they can be easily carried with you in case of an emergency. Additionally, they work well even when it is wet outside, which makes them ideal for starting fires in rainy or snowy conditions.
How to Use a Magnesium Fire Starter
Using a magnesium fire starter is simple.
1. Gather your materials. Your magnesium fire starter, some tinder, and a knife.
2. Hold the magnesium rod in your non-dominant hand and the scrapper rod in your dominant hand. Shave some magnesium off of the fire starter using your knife or the scrapper provided with the starter. The shavings should be as fine as possible and collect a quarter-sized amount in dry leaves
3. Place the magnesium shavings on top of the tinder.
4. Strike the fire starter with your knife or striker to create a spark. Place the ferrocerium rod against the striker at a 45-degree angle and strike it with force. The spark will ignite the magnesium shavings, which will in turn ignite the tinder.
5. Enjoy your fire! You can continue adding tinder and kindling accordingly to build up a large campfire.
A magnesium fire starter is an essential tool for any camper or hiker. It's lightweight and easy to use, making it the perfect choice for starting a fire in the wilderness. Now that you know how easy they are, the next thing you need to do is get yourself a new fire starter.
And when you are looking to buy a magnesium fire starter for your next camping trip, look no further as we have sorted out the best options for you. Just tap the button below and check out our article on the best firestarters for camping! Pick one of our top choices and you won't be disappointed.
Also, check out some of our other quick reads: